PC Dance 2022
An opportunity for our passionate dancers to extend their technique beyond the classroom
Perth College enjoys a rich and diverse Performing Arts program with high-quality dance, drama and music initiatives for our students.
The PC Dance program is an additional co-curricular program, offered outside of school hours to complement our school programs. This is a fun-filled way to improve co-ordination, strength and creativity in a friendly, inclusive dance environment.
The PC Dance syllabus was designed to bring out the best in each young dancer and inspire them to improve at their own pace. This year, the PC Dance program will be run in partnership with Silhouette Dance Studio, allowing us to offer an additional genre for our students with the introduction of Jazz classes alongside our Ballet program.
This program is offered to PC students and also non-PC students, with specific details outlined below.
The Ballet program will be held on Saturday mornings in the Dance Studio (DANS), with the program covering the following areas:
- Stretching, strength and conditioning
- Building Co-ordination
- Developing Technique with a mixture of Barre and Centre work
- Our older students will also do some Floor Barre
- All students will also learn a ballet sequence or enchaînement
Ballet sessions will be run as follows:
- Pre-Kindergarten and Kindergarten Ballet – Saturdays from 9.00 am to 9.45 am
- Pre-Primary and Year 2 Ballet – Saturdays from 10.00 am to 10.45 am
- Year 3 to Year 6 Ballet – Saturdays from 11.00 am to 11.45 pm
- Year 7 to Year 9 Ballet – Saturdays from 12.00 pm to 1.00 pm
Dress – There is no set uniform but students are asked to wear a fitted leotard and ballet tights with ballet shoes. Hair needs to be tied back off their face.
Our Jazz program will be offered each Tuesday afternoon in the Dance Studio (DANS), with each class covering the following areas:
- Stretch, strength and conditioning
- Jazz Technique
- Learning routines – one modern jazz routine and one musical theatre routine
Jazz sessions will be run as follows:
- Pre-Primary to Year 2 – Tuesdays from 3.15 pm to 4.00 pm
- Year 3 to Year 6 – Tuesdays from 4.00 pm to 5.00 pm
Dress – Perth College PE uniform and socks or black dance wear. Jazz shoes should be worn if you have them.
To register for these courses, please click on the button below.
Please note – once registered, your contact details will be shared with Silhouette Dance Studio and Perth College for class communications and venue updates.
2022 PC Dance Term Dates
Due to the varying lengths of each term in 2021, the PC Dance courses will also differ in length each term as outlined below. Parents may book online at the start of each term.
Term Four - 6-Week Term
- PC Jazz - Tuesday 18 October to Tuesday 22 November
- PC Ballet - Saturday 15 October to Saturday 19 November
Please note, on some occasions, we may need to swap the venue from the Dance Studio (DANS) to an alternative studio. Parents will be notified ahead of these classes.
PC Dance Term Costs
8-Week Term $128 per term
6-Week Term $96 per term
($16 per lesson)
If you have any questions regarding PC Dance, please email us via email@example.com.