PC Dance 2021
An opportunity for our passionate dancers to extend their technique beyond the classroom
Perth College enjoys a rich and diverse Performing Arts program with high quality dance, drama and music initiatives for our students.
The PC Dance program is an additional co-curricular program, offered outside of school hours to complement our school programs. This is a fun-filled way to improve co-ordination, strength and creativity in a friendly, inclusive dance environment.
The PC Dance syllabus was designed to bring out the best in each young dancer and inspire them to improve at their own pace. This year, the PC Dance program will be run in partnership with Silhouette Dance Studio, allowing us to offer an additional genre for our students with the introduction of Jazz classes alongside our Ballet program.
This program is offered to PC students and also non-PC students, with specific details outlined below.
The Ballet program will be held on Saturday mornings in the Dance Studio (DAS), with the program covering the following areas:
- Stretching, strength and conditioning
- Building Co-ordination
- Developing Technique with a mixture of Barre and Centre work
- Our older students will also do some Floor Barre
- All students will also learn a ballet sequence or enchaînement
Ballet sessions will be run as follows:
- Kindergarten and Pre-Primary - Saturdays from 9.00 am to 9.45 am
- Year 1 and Year 2 - Saturdays from 9.50 am to 10.50 am
- Year 3 to Year 5 - Saturdays from 11.00 am to 12.00 pm
- Year 6 to Year 8 - Saturdays from 12.00 pm to 1.00 pm
Dress - There is no set uniform but students are asked to wear a fitted leotard and ballet tights with ballet shoes. Hair needs to be tied back off their face.
Our Jazz program will be offered each Tuesday afternoon in the Dance Studio, with each class covering the following areas:
- Stretch, strength and conditioning
- Jazz Technique
- Learning routines - one modern jazz routine and one musical theatre routine
Jazz sessions will be run as follows:
- Pre-Primary to Year 2 - Tuesdays from 3.15 pm to 4.00 pm
- Year 3 to Year 6 - Tuesdays from 4.00 pm to 5.00 pm
Dress - Perth College PE uniform and socks or black dance wear. Jazz shoes should be worn if you have them.
2021 PC Dance Term Dates
Due to the varying lengths of each term in 2021, the PC Dance courses will also differ in length each term as outlined below. Parents may book online at the start of each term.
Term One - 6-week Course (complete)
- Ballet - Saturday 20 February to Saturday 27 February
- Jazz - Tuesday 23 February to Tuesday 30 March
Term Two - 9-week Course (complete)
- Jazz - Tuesday 27 April to Tuesday 22 June
- Ballet - Saturday 1 May to Saturday 26 June
Term Three - 8-week Course -
- Ballet - Saturday 31 July to Saturday 18 September
- Jazz - Tuesday 3 August to Tuesday 21 September
Term Four - 6-week Course - Book Online Here
- Ballet - Saturday 16 October to Saturday 20 November
- Jazz - Tuesday 19 October to Tuesday 23 November
At the end of Term Four, we will hold a small presentation onstage for all PC Dancers on the afternoon of Saturday 20 November at Perth College.
If you have any questions regarding PC Dance, please email us via email@example.com.
Please note - your contact details will be shared with Silhouette Dance Studio and Perth College for class communications and venue updates.