Perth College is seeking a well-qualified and experienced Registered Nurse to join our Health Centre team in providing nursing care within a multi-disciplinary framework that is age appropriate for students and staff. We have approximately 100 boarding students and 1,000 day students on a K-12 campus.
Reporting to the Health Centre Co-ordinator and working as part of a small high functioning team; this role provides primary health care for the entire school community and includes emergency care, health promotion, illness prevention, education and the development of positive healthy attitudes.
This is a permanent, part-time position during school term time to start in Term 4 2018.
The Health Centre operational hours are five days a week 7.30 am to 5.30 pm as well as a Boarders Clinic of 4 hours on a Sunday afternoon/evening. It is expected that the part-time Health Nurse will have the flexibility to participate in a roster across the full Health Centre operating hours based on an agreed FTE for their role.
As this is a new framework of operation for our Health Centre; we seek applications from qualified Registered Nurses who possess:
To be successful in this role, you will need to be adept and passionate in working in a fast-paced environment where triage and emergency care would be considered advantageous; as would certification in Family and Child Health.
- Demonstrated flexible approach to the role and the ability to multi-task and problem solve in a dynamic fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team in a collegial environment.
- Proven organisational skills, attention to detail and proficiency in computer related administrative duties.
You also need to hold:
- Current registration (RN) certified by the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Authority (AHPRA)
- Current CPR and Defibrillation Certification
- Current Provide First Aid Certification
- Vision and hearing competency certificate (desirable)
- Sports Medicine Australia level one trainer certificate (desirable)
Applications Close on Friday 28 September 2018
Click here to view Job Description
Your application should consist of a covering letter and a current resume which address the criteria above, including at least two referees who can comment on your work performance.
Applications can be sent online or via email to email@example.com or if email is unavailable they can be mailed to:
PO Box 25
MT LAWLEY WA 6929