Accessing Off Campus Learning via SPACE
As the situation surrounding the COVID-19 outbreak continues to evolve, Australian schools are navigating the processes of learning and teaching in an online environment.
While there is no one-size-fits-all approach, we are committed to being proactive, and have developed framework to allow our student to continue their learning from home with our Off Campus Learning framework.
This program is designed to assist parents and students in engaging with alternate learning platforms, answering questions and providing assistance in engaging with the content delivered by teachers. It also details the steps we have put in place to support the wellbeing of our students, as this remains our priority at all times.
To find the Off Campus Learning program on the website, you will need to log into SPACE and follow the homepage prompts.
If you are using the SPACE app on your mobile device, go to the links section and then click on the Off Campus Learning link. As shown in the video below.
To navigate the Off Campus Learning site, please watch the tutorial below.
Parents - if you have not already downloaded the SPACE app to your smartphone, please take a few minutes to do it now (using the same login and password you use for SPACE on your computer). If you need to reset your password, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 9471 2100.
Please set your news preferences following the instructions below to ensure notifications are 'pushed’ to your phone ‘lock screen’ as soon as they are published.
Once you have downloaded the SPACE app:
- Open it and click on ‘Settings’ (photo 1)
- Select ‘Notification Settings’ (photo 2)
- Scroll down to ‘RECEIVE NEWS MESSAGES WHEN...’ and under ‘...somebody posts news’ click on the bell, mobile and email icons to ensure you are alerted when we post an important news update (photo 3)
Then, update the settings on your smartphone to ensure you allow the ‘Perth College’ app to ‘push’ notifications to your lock screen, notification centre and banners by following these steps (iPhone and Android instructions are the same):
- In your phone settings, click on ‘Notifications’ (photo 4)
- Scroll down and click on the ‘Perth College’ app (photo 5)
- Activate the ‘Allow Notifications’ button and choose how you would like the alerts to be ‘pushed’ to your screen (photos 6 and 7)
It is vital that all parents have access to SPACE and this short video below explains how to login. If you are unsure of your login or password details, please contact email@example.com or phone 9471 2100 and we will be happy to assist.