Thank you for your interest in a position at Perth College.
Communications Officer (Full-time)
Perth College is seeking an experienced Communications/Public Relations professional to join our Marketing and Community Relations team.
We are seeking someone with a passion for researching and writing interesting content, along with great interpersonal skills and strong initiative. If you have a proven ability to quickly prepare a variety of well-considered, interesting written materials, then this role would suit you.
Reporting to the Head of Marketing and Community Relations, the successful incumbent needs to be able to deliver:
- Research, develop and manage the production of high-quality written material, including, but not limited to – school publications, media releases, web and school communications, school news content and so on.
- Develop and implement the annual strategic Public Relations plan
- Identify media opportunities; be proactive within the School community and seek stories for internal and external media
Your application NEEDS to address the success criteria outlined below and should consist of a covering letter and current resume, including at least two referees who can comment on your work performance.
The Success Criteria document must be a maximum of 2 pages in length and should clearly detail your achievements/outcomes as demonstration of your capability within each Success Criteria specified.
- Demonstrated high-level professional writing and editing skills for a range of traditional and online platforms such as publications, newsletters, press releases, web articles and news content to reach a diverse group of target audiences.
- Excellent attention to detail, initiative, planning and organisational skills, to be able to prioritise and meet deadlines, whilst working under pressure.
- Highly developed interpersonal skills, including a demonstrated ability to effectively build and manage positive relationships with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Demonstrated success and outcomes with researching and initiating media stories to achieve positive outcomes.
Applications close Friday 19 June 2020
Please refer to document below for job description.
Applications, including the necessary success criteria (see above), can be sent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org and if email is unavailable they can be mailed to:
31 Lawley Crescent
MT LAWLEY WA 6050
Ph: 9471 2100