Early Childhood Teacher - Out of School Hours Care - High Part-time
Perth College Junior School consists of Pre-Kindergarten to Year 6 classes. A dynamic, experienced and professional group of staff work collaboratively in a nurturing environment to provide an enriching and challenging program for Perth College Junior School students.
We are seeking an innovative, dynamic Early Childhood Teacher to take the lead in delivering the School’s Out of School Hours Care (OSHC) program. If you have a passion for Early Childhood and love developing young minds, then this opportunity would suit you.
This is a high part-time position commencing in Term Two, 2021. This role comes with five weeks' annual leave and you must have the ability to work 27.5 hours per week, worked from 12.00 pm to 6.00 pm each day including during school holiday periods.
You will work under the guidance of our experienced Out of School Hours Care/Holiday Program Manager and School Leadership team to provide a rich learning experience in a purposeful and aesthetically pleasing environment. A warm and personable approach to engaging with the Perth College community is key to success in this position.
The ability to work co-operatively, and share expertise and resources with an experienced, dedicated and professional team of Out of School Hours Care educators is essential, as is the capability to enthuse and inspire students.
Your application needs to include a Cover Letter, your current CV and a response to the Success Criteria below. The criteria document MUST be a maximum of two pages in length and should clearly detail your achievements/outcomes in the following areas:
- Demonstrated depth of knowledge in theories of development related to children from birth to twelve years.
- Clear understanding of the Early Years Learning Framework, National Quality Standards, My Time and Our Place.
- Preparing relevant, innovative instructional material based on student needs and interests in an Out of School Care setting, incorporating opportunities for learning through a balance of play and intentional teaching.
- Demonstrated understanding of a planning cycle appropriate to an Out of School Care setting, providing regular feedback to individual students and parents.
- The ability to engage positively with students, parents and staff.
Applications close on Monday 19 April 2021. Please view the Position Description below.
Applications, including your two-page criteria document, can be sent via email to email@example.com and should include at least two referees who can comment on your work performance. If email is unavailable they can be mailed to:
31 Lawley Crescent
MT LAWLEY WA 6050
Ph: 9471 2100